Monday, February 21, 2011

Family Day Long Weekend

This weekend was Family Day long weekend, which is a somewhat new long weekend, I think mainly intended to break up the long period of time between New Year's and Easter.

On Friday my sister and the little girl she nannies were supposed to come over, but the girl had a bit of a cough, so they decided to save their visit for another day. Instead, later in the afternoon we went over to my cousins' house. We were surprised to see my older cousin's best friend there and enjoyed some tea and scones with them.

Saturday the girls I used to nanny for and their mom came over. They've gotten so grown up, it's hard to believe that it was only a few years ago that I was watching them. In the afternoon we decided to take a trip down to Diaper-Eez to pick up some additional covers for the cloth diapers we're using. (More on that in a future post.) On the way there we stopped at my ex-best friend's (long story) parent's store. I still think about her mom, in particular, often and wanted to try to introduce her to The Bean if she was around. She was. We brought him in and I talked with her briefly. She teared up when I told her he was our son, and said how beautiful he was. I told her I missed her. She asked us to bring him back again and I promised I would. I always feel a little sad when I see her, but I'm glad that we stopped. We got down to diaper store and got what we were looking for. Then we stopped for some teach and picked up Thai food on the way home so we could enjoy a little "date night", sitting on the couch and watching Bones while eating our dinner.

Sunday afternoon one of our friends from the Muay Thai class Jen used to teach came over for a visit. It was great to see her and nice to catch up on what's been going on at the gym while we've been away. Sounds like there have been some big changes... not sure if we'll end up back there eventually or not. Sunday evening my cousins came over for their regular Sunday night visit, and brought along one of their friends who we really like. It was a bit of a coincidence because I had just said to Jen earlier in the afternoon that I wondered how he was doing and when he'd make it over to meet The Bean and then there he was! Jen calls it my twintuition and claims it has something to do with me being a twin.

Monday we meet up with Ashleigh and Jenn from 2moms2dogs2babies. Jen heard about Ashleigh's blog from a co-worker who went to school with Ashleigh so I checked it out and have been going back and forth with her a little bit over email. They are expecting twins this spring! They were super-nice and I was happy to meet another family similar to ours. The rest of the afternoon we lounged around, watched a movie, and puttered around the apartment.

It was an awesome Family Day weekend... even better than last year's now that The Bean is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment