Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow Day and Other Updates

The past week or so things have been going really well. The Bean's not on a schedule, but he definitely is forming a bit of a routine and Jen and I are learning how to work with it. I'm now in charge of changing The Bean's diaper when he wakes up in the night so that Jen has time to get up and get situated for breastfeeding. It makes things slightly easier on her, and even though I may be little more tired, I think it's fair.

Tuesday night and into Wednesday there was a bit of a snowstorm. Although it wasn't as bad as what had been predicted, it was bad enough that city schools were shut down, which means I didn't have to go to work! This is the first "snow day" I've had since 1999, when I was still in high school. It was awesome. I was able to spend the morning under a half dozen blankets reading and snuggling with Ollie. We had his three week check up scheduled for that afternoon and I didn't think I would be able to go, but because schools closed for the day I got to. The midwives kept remarking on how cute he was and how well he was doing. Just what every Mama wants to hear! He weighed in at 6lbs. 14oz. which means he's been gaining about an ounce a day. No wonder he's starting to look different to us! He's getting chubby baby cheeks and pudgy fingers. Adorable!

Jen's parents said their goodbyes on Thursday night. We were sad to see them go. It was so great having them here to help out. We'll miss the help and we'll miss them. The next time we'll see them will be March, when we go down to visit for a week. They had noticed so many changes in The Bean since they were up for his birth, I'm sure they will notice more big changes the next time they see him.

It's hard to believe that The Bean will be a month old at the end of the week. He's growing up so quickly, and we're growing to love him more and more everyday.

One last thing, it's the Superbowl tonight... GO STEELERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment