Monday, August 13, 2012

*Navalgazing* Reflections at 22 (+2) Weeks Pregnant

I've started to feel quite large.  I can't imagine what I'm going to feel like at 40 weeks given how I'm feeling now.  I'm starting to notice more of a "stretch" along the sides of my stomach.  Perhaps needless to say, I haven't been too comfortable lately.  Sleep continues to be a bit of a challenge and I've been very tired during the days.  A few nights ago I woke up with a Charlie horse.  Did it ever hurt.  I'm trying to eat more bananas now. 
 
Despite all that I can say with confidence that I will miss being pregnant.  The thing I'll miss the most is feeling Sprout flutter around.  I just love it. 
 
The photo is from 22+4 weeks.  We were on vacation and got sidetracked.  I didn't even think to pack the right jeans or tank top.  Close enough though, right?
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. For what it's worth, I started to feel pretty big at 20 something weeks too, but found that well, yeah, I was big toward the end, it was never unmangeable and I didn't feel like a hippo or anything. You get used to being pregnant and carrying that weight around and it stops feeling so new and strange. Your results may vary, but feeling large at the halfway point doesn't mean you'll be bursting at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sleeping well these days either. We should chat at 2am! ;-)

    Great belly shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should post one of you on your blog! I've been thinking about how you're doing lately. Hope things are getting a little easier.

      Delete
  3. I used to wake with awful Charlie horses or calf cramps. Muscle cramps can be a sign of a calcium/magnesium deficiency. Little Sprout is taking all of the best nutrients from you, so you might be lacking. I started taking an additional high-quality (Genestra) cal/mag supplement and those cramps virtually disappeared. Magnesium will also help a bit with the sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, Ashleigh. Can I get Genestra at the health food store, or do I need to ask my naturopath for it?

      Delete
    2. Allison- So sorry for not responding to this. I only just saw it now. I saw your recent post about getting it, so you obviously know that you don't need to ask an ND for it. I usually get mine at Ottway.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Ashleigh. I ended up getting some SISU at the grocery store. Maybe not as good quality, but it still seems to be helping.

      Delete
  4. You look fabulous - and the discomfort does just get worse from here on out. On the plus side, you get a baby at the end of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of you. The baby at the end definitely makes any discomfort worthwhile.

      Delete
  5. Love the new header pic! Look at that big boy! Hope the bananas help with the leg spasms and you get some productive sleep in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the complement on the header pic! My sister-in-law took it for us. She's so talented. I'll be posting some new pics she took of The Bean soon. :)

      Delete