Saturday, September 29, 2012

*Navalgazing* Reflections at 29 Weeks Pregnant

So, 29 weeks.  Even though I officially started into my third trimester last week, I think it took me a little while to realize that this little baby is going to be arriving (relatively) soon. 

I feel pretty good about everything.  As I've said before, I think Jen and I are both much more relaxed about this pregnancy than we were when she was pregnant with The Bean.  Of course, we also had quite a few scares when she was pregnant and therefore more reason for concern.  Right now I think our two biggest concerns are 1) how The Bean will react to having a baby around and 2) sleep.  Jen doesn't do well with little sleep, and The Bean is quite a good sleeper, so hopefully this baby doesn't throw either of them too off their schedule.  I know we've still got a few months to go, but I'd in terms of nighttime, she seems to have a very active period around 9-10pm (Jen was freaking out last night watching her move my belly) and again somewhere around 3-5am.  I'll be curious to see if it remains the same once she's born. 

This week has been pretty bad on the sleep front for me as I'd had a number of bad nightmares. There were a few nights where I woke up with my heart racing and had a very, very hard time falling back asleep. I hope it's a brief phase. 

In other news, it seems I am starting to develop what Jen lovingly refers to as "the creepy line"  (the linea nigra) and losing my belly button.  I feel enormous and constantly seem to be misjudging how much space I now take up.  Friends and family have told me I look great, which I wouldn't necessarily agree with, but is nice to hear just the same. 

I bought some cheap prenatal vitamins at the grocery store and seem to be digesting them much better than the "good" ones from my naturopath.  The Charlie Horses have eased up, but my legs are still getting sore/tight in the nights.  Jen has been really good about rubbing them out for me before bed. 

So, things keep ticking along.  We're nearly 3/4 of the way there! 

Photo from 29 weeks +2 days.



6 comments:

  1. wow...crazy to be 29 weeks already. is it flying by as quickly for you as it is for me?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are going well. I remember worrying about sleep too, but I think when the baby comes you just do what you need to do. I also remember being so thankful that Erik slept through everything. I bet the Bean will too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried an extra supplement of potassium in your diet for the charlie horses? I know how painful they can be :( I agree with everyone else, you look GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the creepy line! haha.
    29 weeks -- so close to the big 3-0! (that one felt like WHOA to me!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You DO look good and definitely don't look huge. Promise :)

    Just wondering...when you were taking your prenatals, did you take them after eating a meal that contains fat? I found that when I was pregnant, I needed to take all supplements after a sufficient meal. If I took them without food or after something small, I'd feel nauseous or even throw up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, how time flies!!! Man, I remember the creepy line...so funny how that happens! Rest up while you can :-)

    ReplyDelete