Monday, March 16, 2015

Spring

I'm sure I don't have long, but I thought I would attempt an ever-so-quick updated.

Last week and this week I've been on "March Break."  Certainly one of the big benefits of working at a private school is getting two weeks off in March.  Public schools get one week off and, I tell you, that week must go by SO quickly.

Last week we were able to go to PA and spend some time with my in-laws.  The Bean tells us regularly that he is going to leave us and move there when he is an adult.  And the sobs from Sprout when she realized that we were going home... well, let's just say they both love it there.  Moreover they love their "Ma" and "Pa" (as nicknamed by Sprout).  We love them to.  It was very nice to get to spend time with them and have four extra hands helping out for the week.  It really is too bad they don't live closer.

We celebrated an early Easter (dyed eggs and did an egg hunt +gave the kids Easter baskets), spent time visiting with extended family, and went outdoors as much as possible.








This week is an "at home" week.  In actuality we'll be out just about every day, but no big plans... we went to an indoor playground this morning.  Tomorrow the kids have optometrist appointments.  We'll see some friends and maybe, if it's nice, get ourselves out to a park or two.

I have so, so much work that I need to get done.  I over-promised on the curriculum project.  I've been enjoying working on it, but it is a lot of work and they keep asking for more!  I also need to spend some time getting my own teaching curriculum planned out for the next month or two.  I feel much more balanced than in the fall, but it can still be overwhelming at times.

In the next month or so I will find out if I will be offered a position at the school for the fall.  The VP said something that leads me to believe they will offer something, but I am not sure what it will be.  I should also be checking the job postings at other independent and private schools, which is like a job in itself.

Aside from those things I've recently joined a book club (though I have yet to make it to a meeting), started crocheting another sweater for Sprout (hopefully this one will fit her) and cleared out a few boxes of baby toys and clothes (that have been sitting around for the past 2-4 years).  All things I am quite pleased about.

Things are good.  Spring is in the air.  Time to get the littles up from their naps and go outside.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some super cute easter eggs!!! Ahhhh, spring, we are ready over here!!!! LOVE the pic of Sprout swinging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 2 weeks? That must be wonderful (although as a non-teacher, I hate having to juggle childcare etc.f)

    The trip to visit family sounds wonderful. Distance is lousy sometimes when people are so wonderful to have in your life.

    ReplyDelete